Friday, February 28, 2014

I really don't LIKE preparing for Spring...

Work continues to be an uphill climb. The new Spring products are arriving. The 'old' products are being sent back out. As THE person who does shipping and receiving... I get to see all the new stuff first! I am also the person who handles the PALLETS of lawnmower batteries coming in... and ships out the cores of the dead batteries being traded in. Wednesday was the day we got our consignment of lawnmower batteries for this year. Today and this past Tuesday, we began getting mountains of new car care products.
I had feared the batteries would do my back in... it has been seizing up after work (at sometimes AT work) on heavy lifting days. But it wasn't batteries... no... today my back "went"... like being attacked with a screwdriver in the lower spine! It was simply bending over to retrieve a packet of lightbulbs someone had hidden. Maybe I should say it was a lightbulb package... there was no bulb in it. A sad fact of retail is that items get stolen. It may be as petty as the empty spark plug gap tool package I found elsewhere today. Or ONE screw removed from a package of five. (We can't sell the rest of them now... but hey, he must have really needed that one screw!)
But I digress.
I bent down to pick up the packaging to a headlight bulb... and ZOW! It brought tears to my eyes. I could. not. move. The pain eased after a few moments, but didn't leave. I dragged and limped and whined through the rest of my work.
Once home, I soaked in a hot bath of  Epsom salts.  Got out feeling MUCH better!
Maybe I just pinched a nerve, a wee bit. SO glad I am feeling better. Just tomorrow... and then it is weekend! (YAY!)

Last night, the Individuals and I attended a seminar on Trail Cooking, at a local sporting goods store. It was fun and informative. Dan held his own and was even able to show the person doing the demo how to open a cooking pot! (Dan owns the same model!) Dan is very well informed and well researched in many areas of hiking and camping- and the store needs help, so he is considering applying- though worried that it might burden our vehicle situation.

I think I am going to go lie down and 'rest my back' before Mr C gets home. Supper is a fast cook- a steak, salad, and ranchies.... no real prep needed.
Be blessed, thank you for reading.

Oh: washer update. The place that sent half the pump assembly is sending the full unit- and a return prepaid mailing label for the old one. Maybe it will be fixed by this next weekend!
~T~

No comments: